1. How has your aesthetic evolved?
Probably through growing older and becoming more experienced…earlier I was influenced by traveling yet now by day to day living.
2. What are your inspirations?
I get inspired by room setting photography. Analyzing the images and pulling inspiration for design.
3. What is the essential element of any room?
4. What are your three must-haves?
Lucchasse cowboy boots, sunlight, and fun music.
5. What piece of advice would you give to someone starting out in the design industry?
Work toward being well-rounded in your design capabilities, things you engage in daily could ultimately be a design opportunity. Remember everyone deserves good design you never know how someone thinks about design.
6. What is the last place you saw that made you think, I wish I’d done that?
7. How has the economy affected design?
People will make decisions on how they spend money based on perceived value.
8. What are you reading right now?
The Virtuous Woman, Red Badge of Courage with my 12 year old son.
9. If you weren’t in interior design, what would you be doing?
10. Favorite paint color and why?
Clunch White by Farrow and Ball. The perfect backdrop for 1,000 other colors.
11. How did you get started in this field?
As a child my mom’s best friend was an interior designer and I used to go rug shopping with her and places all throughout Wilson. I have never thought about doing anything else.
12. Where’s your favorite place that you’ve traveled?
Prague in the Czech Republic – it was beautiful but war torn. At 24 years old I could see through the grime and poverty…the buildings and cobble stone streets were beautiful. You can not mask that kind of beauty.
13. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
Interacting with wonderful people outside and inside the office. People reach out to us for positive change, which usually initializes a great relationship.
Interviewed by: Judy
To see Judy’s Profile click here or head to the Designer Profiles category. On March 18th we will be interviewing our Business Administrator Laurie Webster so check back then!